Family Permanency Specialist Trainee
Nebraska Families Collaborative is currently seeking enthusiastic, skilled individuals who have the heart and desire to help children and families. In the Family Permanency Specialist position you will assess and ensure child and youth safety, permanency, and well-being. You will conduct face-to-face visits with children, youth and families. You will also be responsible for implementing and monitoring the established safety plan as well as organize/facilitate family team meetings focused on safety, permanency, and well-being. Nebraska Families Collaborative is a progressive organization that embraces a solution-focused culture. We aim to not only recognize talent but also passion and drive. We are seeking individuals who are forward thinking and creative with a strong sense of purpose and will focus on promoting our mission, vision and values.
Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish speaking).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, counseling, psychology, education, or criminal justice is considered. A BSW is preferred. Two years’ experience in case management services preferred.
- Knowledge and the ability to apply the principles and practices of direct case management including assessment, analyzing critical information, plan development and implementation.
- Must demonstrate capacity to provide case management activities, be knowledgeable of, and comply with, statutes and policies which affect target population.
- Must successfully complete case management training and complete periodic retraining as required. Former CFS Specialists may complete a training waiver.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet required deadlines
- Ability and desire to work with diverse populations.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must have valid auto liability insurance.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call services to families on a rotational basis.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
Learn more about the FPS position by watching the video: https://vimeo.com/88886524
Learn more about the impact NFC has on the families we serve: https://vimeo.com/119485546
Please apply at www.nebraskafc.org/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer