Entry Level POLICE OFFICER
• Enforcement of local and state laws
• Response to emergency situations
• Perform criminal investigations
• Ability to operate computers, electronic instruments, motor vehicles, and firearms.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSES:
• Must possess a valid driver’s license at the time of hire.
• Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of hire.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
• Must possess an Associate’s Degree and/or successful completion of sixty (60) semester credit hours from an accredited college or university, at the time of hire*.
• Must obtain certification from the State of Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center basic course, within a time frame established by the employer.
• Must maintain all certifications as required.
• Must be bondable.
Must be willing to submit to a drug screen, medical exam, background investigation, psychological evaluation, and polygraph test. Position requirements may be downloaded at www.papillion.org on the Human Resources tab.
The written exam is scheduled for Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 6:00 p.m., at Papillion-La Vista High School, 402 E. Centennial Road, Papillion, NE 68046.
Candidates must pay a $35.00 registration fee IN CASH at the exam. Only exact change will be accepted. If the fee is not paid at this time, you will not be allowed to take the test.
The city of Papillion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applications must be completed online at www.papillion.org. The personal History Statement should be downloaded, completed, and mailed with all required documents no later than the closing date to:
Papillion City Hall
122 East 3rd St
Closing date is 5:00 p.m., March 7, 2016