Medical Assistant Occupational Health Services Clinic FT (0.8) Days Lakeside Hospital-2015-R0017076
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
• Performs/directs patient care services including, but not limited to, admission interview, accurate documentation and timely patient flow.
• Ensures priority care is provided to patients in an emergency situation.
• Ensures patient is appropriately prepared for care encounter. Prepares/obtains patient medical records and other information/documentation pertinent to patient encounter.
• Assists healthcare providers with exams, treatments, procedures and testing as directed.-ensures appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to the above
• Schedules and provides patient instruction(s) for tests, treatments and hospital admissions, following correct insurance protocol. (Ie. Pre-certification, referrals, chart documentation, etc.)
• Provides patient and family education pertaining to healthcare management, disease process, treatment, test(s), medication and follow-up under direct supervision of the health care provider. Maintain/update patient education materials and consent forms.
• Receives, prioritizes, documents and responds to incoming calls as appropriate.
• Notifies patients of lab and diagnostic test results under the direct supervision of the health care provider.
Hours: Start time and days off will vary. Must be available M-F between 7:00am – 5:00pm
Preferred: Successful completion of externship requirements as defined by graduating school. One or more years of ancillary healthcare experience in an ambulatory health care setting.
Bilingual –Spanish is desirable.
Education and/or Licensure-Certification:
Must meet one of the following criteria:
CMA: requires active certification as a Certified Medical Assistant by AAMA or a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing.
RMA: requires active registration as a Registered Medical Assistant by AMT
MA: requires successful completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program/School. Certification or registration required within 24 months of hire.
Med Aide or Med Aide 40 course and certification required. Course will be provided by Alegent Creighton Health within first week of hire.
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
-organizational policies, regulations and procedures
-medical assistant theory and practice
-medical equipment and instruments
-risk management, quality improvement and infection control
– ICD-9 and CPT coding
Skills as demonstrated through:
-successful completion of job specific competency checklist
-continuous accurate verbal and written communication
-establishing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
-continuous time, resource and task management
-provide compassionate, empathetic patient care
-react calmly, professionally in emergency situations, and in times of conflict resolution
-work closely with the providers responding appropriately and timely to provider(s) requests
-willingness to learn and apply computer processes to daily operations
-apply all knowledge and skill requirements
Consistently adheres to and demonstrates our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Visit – http://www.chihealth.com/careers
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.